Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Roll with the Tides


When I first moved to the beach I asked a friend about rip currents because I wasn't educated on how they work and how to avoid them. After he explained to me that they are basically currents in the ocean that keep pulling you back from reaching shore, he told me "The best way to get out of one is to swim with the current, instead of against it". He explained to me that if you swim against the current it will just continue pushing you further back. However, if you swim with it you will be exhausted but you will eventually be able to free yourself from it.

Now, I would like to put that thought into everyday life. We all go through struggles throughout our life. Every one of us has something that may not go exactly as planned. Even the economy can factor into this and the universe as a whole. Sometimes pushing harder against something will not get you the outcome you desire. Suggestion... "go with the flow". Sometimes in the mist of whatever you struggle with, it may be a good idea to swim with what is going on, and see how you can turn it into an opportunity. So next time your stressed out just remember.. swim with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment